I know someone who just bought a new, really gianormous flatscreen who now wants to experiment not watching TV by getting the cable shut off. His rationale is that Reality TV, dominating the airwaves, is vile and annoying and that it will just perpetuate itself because it costs a miniscule amount per episode to produce compared with your typical sitcoms or dramas. I personally, was in love with the Pick up Artist. I’m sorry; sometimes you CAN’T write TV that good, you have to let it unfold under the direction of human instinct. Other great forms of reality TV, the typical train wrecks like the Bachelor, the Hills, Rock of Love, Dancing with the Stars serve their purpose. Instead I challenged him to just turn it off! This is a person who can run a 26 mile marathon but not turn away from I Love New York getting her toes licked. Discipline, people please… hey – why doesn’t cable take a page from the wireless book and require two year contracts and give us free TV’s?
In other news...ya SOX!
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
For more Pick Up Artist goodness I HIGHLY recommend you check out http://www.BecomingAPUA.com. That's where I found the episodes from the show and some good stories :)
-Jenn
Post a Comment